Friday 26 October 2018

Show not tell

We are learning to describe a moment in time.


My friend andy told me she had a surprise for me i was abit nervous because i didn't know what we were doing i  to her as long as we weren't going rock climbing i would go she said that we were not rock climbing that made me relax a bit until we're almost there we were in a forest and i heard people squealing and then I knew that we were tree climbing i was so angry and andy and told her to drive back but she said that she had already paid for it so i had to to do it i decided that i would just climb the tree it can't be that high up then we pulled into the carpark a i sore massive trees and the trees were really skinny and tiny little ropes that were breaking and where was no net underneath it and nothing to hold us up the wind was blowing and i was shaking like crazy we went up to the lady that was running this thing and we got us to sine this thing that made sore that we would not show them we send it and i climbed up a old rusty later and got stepped onto the type rope i was shaking like crazy and i know if i had fell that i would break my neck or leg or something. i took my second steep and almost fell i talk my there'd steep and i fell down to the bottom of the “crack” my arm broke I yelled out and my eyes started to tear up and started to cry . then a man came over and told me to get up and come with me. Rod I thought but i didn't say anything and just followed him he took me to a desk and ask me if it is bleeding and i said no it is broken and then man said then what's the problem. What the problem my arm is broken then he man just wrapped it up in wet toilet paper andy made it across and i told her that i needed to go to the hospital then you are taking me home.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Anika, I would love to know if you actually did break your arm. Obviously this was a very shattering experience for you. I wonder if you could capture the moment in time when your arm broke and you felt the pain, saw your arm, slipped and heard the break. Writing like this is a bit like using a magnifying glass you come closer to the experience and leave out all the detail about how you got to the tree climbing venue. I encourage you to have a go at this type of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Anika I like the way you describe and not tell I would like to read more about your storys so I can learn about describeing my story and not tell.How long did it take to write this story?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you krysalleigh for the comment and it took me about two writing session.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.